If a group wants a specific topic to be addressed, that information should be included in the request for an ABCD speaker. Alternatively, the group may ask the ABCD representative to suggest a topic or may prefer to discuss several possible topics with the ABCD representative before making a decision.
In previous speeches and presentations, ABCD members and staff have discussed topics such as these:
- How the ABCD responds to requests for guidance, including examples of the issues raised
- Hypothetical case studies similar to cases handled by the ABCD
- How the ABCD responds to complaints, including examples of the issues raised
- An overview of what the ABCD does, and how it does it
- Ways to reduce disciplinary and litigation risk in everyday practice
ABCD speakers make regular presentations to actuarial clubs, actuarial conferences, insurance regulators’ groups, the American Academy of Actuaries, the American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries, the Casualty Actuarial Society, the Conference of Consulting Actuaries, the Society of Actuaries, and others.