Many other professionalism resources are available online. Here are selected links to a few websites that might be of interest.
Please note that these are external links. The ABCD is not responsible for the content on these sites. When you click on one of these links, you will leave the ABCD website.
The five main U.S.-based actuarial organizations have authorized the ABCD to investigate reports of possible professional misconduct by their members, to recommend counseling or disciplinary action to the actuary’s member associations for a decision on whether to impose any disciplinary action when appropriate, and to respond to requests for guidance. The five participating organizations are:
- The American Academy of Actuaries (the Academy)
- The ASPPA College of Pension Actuaries (ACOPA)
- The Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS)
- The Conference of Consulting Actuaries (the Conference)
- The Society of Actuaries (SOA)
Other professionalism links
- Article X of the American Academy of Actuaries’ bylaws
- Cross-Border Discipline Agreement and Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- Discussion papers published by the American Academy of Actuaries Council on Professionalism
- Articles on ABCD-related topics
- Contingencies magazine
- Actuarial Update newsletter